Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for an XRF Spectrometrist Manager to join an analytical service provider to the metals and minerals industry, based in Merseyside on a full time, permanent basis.
As an XRF Spectrometrist Manager the main purpose of your role will be to take a leading role in the day-to-day management of 3 modern spectrometers and a staff base of 12.
Further responsibilities of this XRF Spectrometrist Manager will include:
- Supporting research and development projects in support of X-Ray services to the Group as a whole
- Occasional travel to the Group’s overseas Laboratories on X-Ray related issues is a possibility.
- Working with PANalytical Axios wavelength spectrometers
- Calibration and internal standardization of equipment
As an XRF Spectrometrist Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Accomplished X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometrist; A good understanding of wavelength & energy dispersive X-Ray practice and theory
- Expertise related to the analysis of metals and minerals by wavelength & energy dispersive X-Ray techniques
- Experience with PANalytical Axios wavelength spectrometers would be an advantage
- A good understanding of fluxing and fused glass bead techniques
- A good understanding of calibration and internal standardization principles
- A good understanding of instrument performance monitoring and QC control
- Be capable of demonstrating a proven track record in X-Ray spectrometry
- Be familiar with the requirements of ISO 17025:2005 accreditation systems
- Good interpersonal and management skills
As XRF Spectrometrist Manager you will be working with an analytical service provider to the metals and minerals industry, based in Merseyside.
- Above all, substantial experience with XRF is the main requirement for this role.
- Managerial experience is desired but is not essential, providing solid experience with XRF is apparent
- Salary will be considered subject to X-Ray knowledge, practical expertise, and laboratory management capabilities.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this XRF Spectrometrist Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief covering letter detailing your experience with XRF. Please quote reference SH25925 in all correspondence.
Are you looking for a new science job in the chemical industry?