We are currently recruiting for a range of Technical Expert positions. These roles are with a leading testing laboratory who are UKAS accredited at their site in Greater Manchester. So what does a Technical Expert do, and what skills are required?
Firstly, a Technical Expert is a leader in their field of analysis. These people will have built up a strong skill set in their chosen field throughout their career in industry, and will most likely have an established academic background to support their industry knowledge. Most Technical Experts will be at least degree qualified and may have studied to Masters and/ or PhD level.
Secondly, a Technical Expert will hold a senior position within a company and may be responsible for assisting with training and/ or leading junior staff members. They are accountable for providing specialist expertise in the development and validation of test methods as well as designing work programmes. This could be in collaboration with the Business Development team or direct with customers, to ensure their requirements are met. Technical Experts will then translate the newly designed workloads into the lab and will assist with problem solving.
The main aim of the Technical Expert will be to provide full analytical testing support for the products and/ or compounds in accordance with any required regulations (for example, cGMP, cGLP and cGCP) and may also have strict timelines and deadlines in which to successfully meet client milestones. As well as performing a variety of complex sample preparations, the Technical Expert will also perform said analysis procedures to quantitatively measure the products/ compounds in a variety of formulations. This could be for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support. The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion is also required.
Typically, a successful Technical Expert will hold a number of skills and experiences relevant to their specialised analytical techniques and will be proficient in developing methods and validating the same. The positions that we are currently recruiting for have the following requirements:
- Proven experience of devising work programmes and analytical strategies (as opposed to just implementing them)
- Strong method development and validation experience
- Comprehensive experience of working in a GxP regulatory laboratory
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Considerable and demonstrable proven experience in the practical and theoretical aspects of specialised analytical technique
- Proven experience in the supervision and coordination of analytical projects performed by junior staff in a regulatory environment
- Good practical laboratory and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, written & oral and strong attention to detail
For more information about these roles, please contact us on 01246 457700.
We are looking for Technical Experts with experience in the following techniques:
- Gas Chromatography
- Biological Chromatography (HPLC, UPLC, MALLS)
- Protein Chemistry – CE, CD, Western Blot
- Quantitative LCMS
- Chromatography (IC, HPLC, UPLC)
- Assay Validation Specialist – chromatography
Alternatively, please follow the links below to review our current Technical Expert vacancies:
- Chemical Chromatography Technical Expert -Manchester
- Gas Chromatography Technical Expert – Manchester
- Assay Validation Technical Expert – Manchester
- Quantitative LCMS Technical Expert – Manchester
- Protein Chemistry Technical Expert – Manchester
If these aren’t quite what you are looking for you can search our jobs HERE