The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC), supported by CK Science, are recruiting for talented individuals to join their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility in Oxfordshire.
VMIC has been established to provide the UK’s first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability. The company will fast track the development and manufacture of early stage vaccine products, and have already taken a leading role in the Government’s national response to COVID-19.
The roles on offer are:
- The Production Manager will be responsible for a team of Manufacturing Team Leaders and Operators, and deputise for the Head of Manufacturing as required.
- You will be responsible for schedule adherence and quality output of a variety of vaccine products across drug substance and drug product.
- You should hold a qualification at degree level or above in a scientific or engineering discipline, as well as have excellent knowledge of GMP manufacturing in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries.
- The main duties of this role will be to supervise a team of Operators, being responsible for the execution of various vaccine manufacturing steps and oversee all tasks on floor as they are carried out to provide assistance and troubleshooting where required.
- You will teach, train and develop employees in 1:1 meetings, performance reviews and management of career planning activities.
- You should hold a qualification at degree level or above in a scientific or engineering discipline with experience in a team lead position in a biopharmaceutical/bioprocessing environment.