Our client, a UKAS accredited quality assurance company for consumer products based in the East Midlands, is currently recruiting for a Technical Specialist to provide technical support to their Textiles team based in the East Midlands, UK.
The main role of this Technical Specialist will be to advise, guide and support clients in all chemical-based aspects of product development and compliance with standards & international legislation. You will also provide technical support and advice to staff in the chemical and analytical areas of the business, being the principal expert for chemical-related activities on site.
Your responsibilities will also include the following:
- Providing advice on current and future legislation and standards relating to textile products;
- Acting as the principal client contact;
- Undertaking project management;
- Undertaking / supervising investigative projects;
- Providing guidance on testing requirements;
- Recommending on product quality and safety test regimes;
- Conducting training for clients and staff.
- You will also be required to present to clients where necessary and will be expected to maintain an awareness of the market demand, as well as conducting internal audits.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be considered for this Technical Specialist position you must be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry and you will have previously worked in a textile-related capacity, with sound knowledge of legislation and standard compliance, clearly demonstrating the skills mentioned above. You will also be familiar with information retrieval and web-based searches, and will be confident in your presentational and interpersonal skills. Your ability to clearly communicate scientific or technical information will be proven.
For more information, or to apply for this Technical Specialist position, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH20743 in all correspondence.