Our client is currently looking for a Technical Consultant to work at their site in the West Midlands. They are a leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation that provide research, technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
Working as a Technical Consultant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for timely and high quality delivery of project work.
- Meeting personal key performance indicators on revenue, profit, cost, efficiency, quality and productivity.
- Assisting with compliance of quality driven operational excellence.
- Undertaking technical and financial project management of active project work and ensuring smooth transition from proposal to delivery to the client.
- Responsible for the production of high quality and timely CTRs and assisting with the preparation of monthly reports on team activity.
- Complying with schedules and assignment as defined by the Team Leader, assisting in identifying and marketing new business opportunities.
- Providing support, general advice and assistance to other business units.
- Participating in the delivery of in-housetraining courses and mentoring junior consultants.
- Disseminates technical knowledge and expertise.
- Raising and maintaining the profile of the company and of the consultancy group by making presentations and preparing articles for external publication.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping and complying with H&S.
- Ensuring that the site UKAS quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance. Liaising with the Quality Unit, where applicable, to ensure efficient implementation of internal and external audits.
The successful candidate for this Technical Consultant position will possess the following:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a scientific subject or engineering
- At least 15 years’ experience in a technical/commercial role
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a consultancy role, experience of delivering training and presentations
- Experience of technical report writing
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Will be a team player
The chosen candidate for this Technical Consultant job will also hold significant knowledge of polymeric and/or composite materials, properties, testing and manufacture processes. Support will be provided in areas such as materials selection, failure diagnosis and process trouble-shooting /optimisation.
How to apply:
For more information, or to apply for this Technical Consultant job, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0115 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH19549 in all correspondence.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.