Hannah Milward at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Temporary Process Development Scientist to join a global manufacturer of pharmaceutical and veterinary products. This process development job is initially for a 6 month period and is based in the Merseyside area.
Process Development Scientist Job Description:
As Process Development Scientist, you will work within a small group of scientists on lab scale process optimisation activities for the downstream processing area in support of the biotechnology product pipeline. The role will be both office and lab based and will require the successful applicant to contribute to the success of the group through design, execution and analyses of experimental activities.
The key responsibilities of this Process Development Scientist position will include:
• Delivering key development goals through hands-on experimentation and demonstration at lab scale.
• Designing and analysing experimental regimes using sound statistical techniques.
• Regularly communicating plans and status to key stake-holders and working flexibly to overcome issues and barriers encountered.
• Delivering high quality technical reports to support proposed process improvements.
• Responsible for ensuring that safe systems of work are in place and adhered to for process development activities.
• Developing close alignment to supporting functions, including Manufacturing Operations, Project/Process Engineering and Quality Control Labs to ensure that process improvements can effectively be delivered at manufacturing scale.
As Process Development Scientist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Ability to interact with scientists, technicians, engineering, analytical support and other operations support personnel.
• Experience in the operation of lab or pilot scale chromatography and tangential flow filtration equipment, specifically GE Akta systems and Sartorius or Millipore TFF packages.
• Possess a working knowledge of analytical techniques required for protein purity assessment, including HPLC and ELISA methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
• Ability to operate in a cGMP environment and produce technical documentation to high standards.
• Degree or equivalent in scientific or engineering discipline, preferably with a biotechnology focus
• Experience in the use of statistical software to design experimental approaches and analyse the data generated
How to apply:
Contact Hannah for more details.
Click here to apply online now.
For more information regarding this Process Development Scientist position, please contact Hannah Milward at CK Science on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH24233 in all correspondence.
Looking for a temporary science job in the UK?
Click here to search our temporary science jobs online now.