Posted in Job of the Week, News
Posted in Jobs, News
ACAL Energy Ltd is the world’s leading developer of low cost Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cells systems, powered by ACAL Energy’s proprietary platinum free cathode technology (FlowCath).
Victoria Walker is now recruiting for an Organic Chemist to join the team at ACAL Energy based at their site in Runcorn, Cheshire. They are currently working on an exclusive basis with CK Science for this recruitment campaign.
The job purpose of this organic chemist role will be to provide organic chemistry expertise and to play a leading role in the synthesis of next generation catalyst and mediator systems. You will be required to design, synthesise and evaluate next generation catalyst and mediator materials with improved performance.
The major challenges and key accountabilities of the role will be:
- Identify and design target molecules to meet requirements for improved fuel cell performance.
- Design and execute synthetic routes to target molecules, with consideration of commercial implications.
- Fully characterise target molecules and conduct preliminary evaluation of properties.
- Identify patent opportunities and assist with filing patents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant external sources of expertise.
Technical skills and knowledge required:
The successful candidate for this organic chemist role will have the following technical skills and knowledge:
- Expertise in organic chemistry and practical chemical synthesis, with enthusiasm for laboratory working.
- Educated to PhD level or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Considerable experience of research and development chemistry in the field of organic chemistry, with a significant proportion of this spent in an industrial setting, having demonstrated a significant input towards target selection and route design.
- Proven ability to identify and design target materials fulfilling given criteria and design and execute practical synthetic routes to these.
- Understanding of ligand design and coordination chemistry may be advantageous.
- Demonstrable record of frequent and high quality publication in the form of patents and/or papers.
- Competent user of literature searching tools.
Personal skills and attributes:
The ideal candidate for this organic chemist role will have the following skills:
- Team player with well developed communication skills.
- Self motivated with personal characteristics to quickly integrate and make an impact within a team environment.
- Results oriented and standards driven, focused on delivery.
- Capable of proposing, justifying and prioritising work based on team targets and company needs.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving using both systematic and creative thinking.
- Desire to see technical advancements through to completion.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this organic chemist role please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH23205 in all correspondence.
Posted in General, News
We are currently searching for Synthetic Organic Chemists to join a global pharma company based in Hertfordshire, UK.
As a Synthetic Organic Chemist, you will be experienced in Synthetic Organic Chemistry and will have an understanding of drug development. Any experience in Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK, SAR or CNS drug discovery would also be a distinct advantage for this Synthetic Organic Chemist job.
The ideal candidate for this Synthetic Organic Chemist job will also be experienced in the delivery of small molecules and will be able to undertake independent planning, troubleshooting and successful execution of efficient synthetic routes to novel compounds.
You will hold a minimum of a degree in Chemistry/Synthetic Organic Chemistry (or equivalent) and will have practical ability in Organic Chemistry and a contemporary knowledge of Synthetic Organic Chemistry. You will have the ability to solve complex synthetic problems and to conduct multistep synthesis. It is essential that you are highly motivated and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities. You will also have an understanding of the importance to deliver the end product/final compound.
For more information, or to apply for this Synthetic Organic Chemist job, please contact Jason at CK Science on 01438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference ST20084 in all correspondence.
Alternatively, click here to apply for this Synthetic Organic Chemist job online now.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to register your CV with CK Science now.