Posted in News
Our science job of the week is a Senior Quality Assurance Associate, this job has been chosen as it is:
- An opportunity to join a patient focussed pharmaceutical research company with commercial, discovery, clinical and manufacturing business units collated on a single site in Hertfordshire
- Commutable from Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire & London
- Strong communication is required as you will be liaising with supply chain, planning, technical, manufacturing, packaging, quality control, regulatory affairs, company network companies and others
- Looking for an excellent candidate extensive knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance, Quality Systems, GMP and an understanding of manufacture and packaging of pharmaceutical products
- The main purpose of this role is to ensure Quality Assurance activities relating to product support for the manufacture, packaging, testing, storage and distribution of company and third Party manufactured drug products are compliant with current GMP and Company Corporate expectations
Posted in Jobs, News
As reported by Business Weekly, the US real estate investment company, BioMed Realty Trust, has acquired Granta Park, a leading science park based in Cambridge for £126.8m.
Currently, the Cambridge-based Science Park as 11 lab and office buildings and it’s tenants include some of the worlds leading pharma and biotech organisations including Gilead Sciences, UCB and Vernalis. The investment from BioMed Realty will also current tenant relationships with companies such as MedImmune and Pfizer to be extended.
Speaking of the agreement, BioMed Realty stated, “The Cambridge UK research community is anchored by the University of Cambridge, established in 1209, with 20 per cent of the world’s Nobel Prize recipients in medicine and chemistry and the recipient of over 280 million pounds in research grants in 2011.
“This Cambridge science cluster supports over 1,000 science and technology companies, the Wellcome Trust, the largest medical research charitable organisation in the world, Cavendish Laboratory, and the Babraham Institute.”
Looking for a new position in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries?
Click here to search and apply for Biotechnology jobs.
Click here to search and apply for Pharmaceutical jobs
Posted in Industry News, News
As reported by Business Weekly, five bioscience centres in Cambridge, Hertfordshire and Norwich will receive a large slice of the government’s £250m investment into the bioscience industry, as announcement by David Willetts, the Universities and Science Minister.
The £250m has been allocated by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, and is the first of a five year strategic investment programme.
The research establishments who will receive the bioscience cash injection include:
It is hoped that the £250m investment into our already outstanding UK biosciences industry, will help keep the United Kingdom at the forefront of the global bioscience industry. The investment will also help ensure that the UK can meet the challenges of feeding the growing global population in a sustainable way, as well as finding alternatives to fossil fuels and supporting the ageing population. Not forgetting the support the investment will provide to highly skilled bioscience jobs.
Once registered, one of our specialist Scientific Recruitment Consultants will be in contact to discuss your requirements and any relevant bioscience job opportunities we are currently recruiting for. Alternatively, please click here to search our bioscience jobs online now.