Posted in Industry News, Mobile News, News
Culham Science Park in Oxfordshire is set to expand, with up to 1,000 new science and technology jobs.
Three new research labs and office space have been discussed at the Abingdon site, and a planning application has been sent to the council. The 1,000 jobs include skilled and unskilled workers, including the construction of the new buildings and the scientists then working in them once they have been completed.
The created jobs are set to expand the workforce at the Science Park by 50%, to near 3,000. Should planning permission be granted, private companies will be invited to move operations to the park, before construction begins. Currently with 2,000 staff and 45 companies, the Culham Science Park is part of Science Vale UK, which includes two other Oxfordshire sites employing over 10,000 people between them. The expanding of the Abingdon site can only boost the area’s scientific centre credentials further.
Looking for a science job? Start here!
Posted in Jobs, News
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Compliance Process Engineer to join a global, broad-based health care company at their site in Oxfordshire.
This aim of this Compliance Process Engineer job is to coordinate and direct compliance issues within the Operations Engineering department of a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. They will ensure a consistent approach is taken to resolving quality issues including ERs, CAPAs, Calibration Alerts and Post Investigations.
The responsibilities of this Compliance Process Engineer role will include:
- Providing technical support to the calibration department to ensure that all calibration activities meet divisional and corporate requirements.
- Supporting the introduction of new products and / or equipment through effectively managing the engineering document change process.
- Seeking new ways of improving the efficiency of the Engineering Compliance group. Actively promoting the use of continuous improvement programs.
- Developing strong links within Operations department to ensure service provided meets business requirements.
- Understanding regulatory and corporate requirements to ensure the Operations Engineering department continues to meet cGMP and leading teams to deliver compliance projects and quality initiatives.
The successful incumbent will be expected to develop projects from concept through to implementation with the aim of continually improving Engineering processes including preventative and demand maintenance programs. They will also be responsible for authoring, reviewing and updating Operations Engineering documents to ensure compliance with regulatory, site and corporate requirements and for providing SME support to internal and external audits as required.
Qualifications and skills:
The ideal candidate for this Compliance Process Engineer job will have experience within a regulated industry, preferably medical devices or pharmaceutical along with a proven knowledge of engineering and calibration processes. They will also have:
- The ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and to work under their own initiative.
- A proven track record of technical report authoring and of delivering assigned projects / goals to on time, within budget and ensuring that internal customer requirements are meet.
- Experience of working within a high volume highly regulated manufacturing environment with full membership of a recognised professional Engineering or Quality body is desirable.
How to apply:
Apply online for this role
For more information or to apply for this Compliance Process Engineer role please contact Jason Johal on 01438 743 047 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST23812 in all correspondence.