Our client, a key player within the Chemical Sector, are currently looking for a Technical Manager to join their team based in the North-Mid Wales/North West of England area.Technical Manager will lead the technical department ensuring it effectively and efficiently meets the current and future needs of the business.
The roles and responsibilities of this Technical Manager position will include:
- Leading and managing the Technical and Laboratory Functions.
- Ensuring efficient management systems, working practices and reporting systems are in place.
- To reorganise the department into a flexible, efficient resource that meets the varying technical needs of the business – today and tomorrow.
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities within the Technical Department and introduce management by objectives, appraisals and similar techniques to monitor and manage performance and outputs.
- Keep abreast of legislative and technology changes and manage the threats and / or opportunities they bring.
- Establish first class housekeeping, health and safety, MSDS management and similar laboratory procedures.
The ideal candidate for this Technical Manager position will possess an HNC qualification in chemistry or degree in chemistry (or equivalent). Previous experience of working with formulations/ coatings/ paints in a laboratory environment is essential and the candidate will be expected to possess excellent communication, problem solving, leadership, planning and organisation skills and be a good team player. A knowledge of industrial and marine coatings is also desirable but is not essential. Candidates must be eligible to work in the EEA.
How to Apply
To hear more or to apply for this Technical Manager role, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH19409 in all correspondence.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.