Posted in Job of the Week, Jobs, News
Here is a list of our latest science jobs in the UK. Click on the links below to find out more and be the first to apply
Technical Support Officer in Scotland
QA Officer in Scotland
Laboratory Technician in Glasgow
Senior Analytical Chemist – Oil & Gas, London
Microbiologist – Water P/T , London
Laboratory Manager -Cambridge
Trainee Account Manager – Water, Hertfordshire
HR Administrator – Hertfordshire
QC Analyst – Hertfordshire
Senior DMPK Scientist – West Sussex
Synthetic Organic Chemist – APIs, Northern Ireland
Quality Control Manager -Lubricants, Staffordshire
Process Chemist, Detergents &Cosmetics, Derbyshire
Project Leader – R&D – East Midlands
Process Engineer in North East England
Regulatory Affairs Advisor in County Durham
Principal Scientist in Teesside
Customer Support Technician – Packaging – Durham
Development Scientist in Teesside
Development Chemist in North East England
Product Technologist – W.Yorkshire
Site Chemist – Waste Management, Norwich
Junior Process Technician Chemist – Chemicals, NW
Sales Specialist -Clinical Lab Consumables, N.West
Follow us on Twitter @CKScienceJobs to receive more industry news and CK jobs of the week updates
Posted in Jobs, News
Andrew Bolton at CK Science is currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join an industry leading Water Testing Laboratory at their site in Cambridgeshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team within an Analytical Testing / Chemistry laboratory providing water testing services. Your duties will include:
- Day-to-day people management of a medium sized (10 – 14 people) team of Technicians and Analysts including recruitment, training & personal development when required.
- Ensuring sample turnaround including liaising closely with customers throughout the process.
- Maintaining a hands on involvement in analytical testing using techniques such as ICP, GC, MS, AAS & a scope of wet chemistry, coupled with more specialist testing such as cryptosporidium analysis.
- Performing method development and validation of equipment used.
- Ensuring quality systems & documentation are maintained (ISO, DWI).
Qualifications and skills:
As a Laboratory Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- A qualification in Chemistry or a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in an analytical testing laboratory. Specific experience in the Water industry would be highly advantageous, but it is not essential.
- Proven people supervisory / team leader experience.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be joining a specialist Water Testing Laboratory who provide a supportive culture with a keenness on personal development. In return they offer a salary of between £30,000 – £35,000 plus excellent benefits including 26 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and a competitive bonus scheme.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply to the role of Laboratory Manager, please contact Andrew Bolton at CK Science on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST24975 in all correspondence.