Posted in Industry News, Jobs, News
Graeme Pallas at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a multi-national pharmaceutical company at their manufacturing site in Dundee.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for:
- Analysing raw materials using analytical chemistry methods
- Carrying out water sampling
- General laboratory maintenance duties
As a Laboratory Technician you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualification in a chemistry related subject
- Academic/commercial laboratory experience
- Highly motivated and a good communicator
The successful Laboratory Technician will be joining a large multi-national pharmaceutical company at their site in Dundee. The position is initially a temporary contract and would be suitable for graduate in chemistry or related subject.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician please contact Graeme Pallas on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Jobs, News
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Shift Process Technician to join a manufacturer of various insulation products based in the East Midlands.
The main roles and responsibilities for this Shift Process Technician will be day to day running of various production lines. You will:
- Ensure all operators are fully trained on how to run the lines and will be responsible for carrying out chemical trials on the production line.
- See chemicals through to full scale production and will be responsible for carrying out trials on the production line.
- Monitor the effect on the finished board including physical test results, fit for use, blisters etc. and will complete relevant paperwork as necessary.
- As well as calibration of equipment, you will liaise with the production supervisors and team leaders where necessary to ensure that all areas are kept tidy and free from build up.
- Assist the technical department in preparing samples as required.
Please note that this will be a shift role working days, afternoons and possibly nights on a rotational basis and therefore flexibility is a must.
Qualifications and skills:
In order to be considered for this Shift Process Technician role you will:
- Ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject such as polymer science, with A Level (or equivalent) Chemistry as a bare minimum.
- If not, you will have gained industrial experience in a similar environment and will be familiar with activities such as maintaining and reducing wet density; maintaining and reducing levels of XXR and scrap; running correct line speeds; decreasing levels of downtime etc.
- With excellent communication skills and good computer knowledge, you will possess an excellent attention to detail.
How to apply:
Apply online now
For more information or to apply for this Shift Process Technician role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH24046 in all correspondence.
Posted in General, News
A Lab Technician is required to work shifts in the analytical laboratory of a global organization based in the North West of England, UK.
As Lab Technician you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing samples according to set procedures.
- Recording of results.
- Reporting and logging of failures and subsequent investigations.
- Performing quality control checks and assisting the Shift Supervisor when necessary.
- Continually improving all aspects of the laboratory, including relationships and communication between departments.
The ideal candidate for this Lab Technician job will be qualified to minimum HNC/HND in a chemistry related subject or possess equivalent industrial experience working in a laboratory. It would also be useful to have some knowledge of LIMS IT systems, and preferably CCLAS. You must hold a full UK driving licence, be computer literate and be entitled to work in the UK.
For more information, or to apply for this Lab Technician job, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH19972 in all correspondence.
Alternatively, click here to apply for this Lab Technician job online now.