Posted in Industry News, News
Alex Tosney, a recruitment consultant based at our head office in Chesterfield, was invited to participate in a careers event with students at Sheffield Hallam University last week. Speaking to 2nd and 3rd year students who were either in the process of either embarking or completing their work placements, gave Alex the opportunity to discuss three core subjects:
- Career opportunities available
- Considering a career in scientific sales
- How to get the most out of your recruitment agency
With between 70-80 students attending the lecture, Alex took the time to discuss the key areas that really concerned students at this stage of their education; such as how to write a CV, how to make your cv stand out on job boards and what they can do to find work post graduation.
If you are a graduating soon and are looking for help on finding a job or writing a CV take a look at our Careers Zone where there are lots of tips and techniques to help.
Posted in General, News
Unfortunately, not all interviewers are trained interview techniques. Many can be unprepared and inexperienced. Some will not ask you the right questions and manage the interview effectively to help you give the best impression.
Here are some tips to help you take control of the interview and put yourself in the best possible light:
- Guide the interview – Perhaps offer to talk the interviewer through your CV – referring back to the job description to highlight your expertise.
- Interview you Interviewer – If you feel the interview is floundering, don’t wait until the end of the interview to start asking your questions.
- Be prepared – Always bring a couple of copies of your CV with you to the interview, just in case the interviewer forgets.
- Keep calm – If you asked some unexpected questions not matter how unsuitable they might be, simply ask for some thinking time and will stop you from blurting out anything inappropriate.