Posted in Chemical Careers
This week’s top chemical job of the week is EHS & Process Safety Manager. This job has been selected as it is:
- Opportunity to work with an industry leading chemical manufacturer.
- The role is part of a site leadership team directly reporting the Site Manager.
- The role will enable the successful individual to work across all functions on site including office, operations, production, laboratories, warehouse & more.
- The role is suited to an experienced individual from an EHS and Process Safety background gained within a chemical manufacturing or related Manufacturing environment.
- For those interested in the role but without the necessary experience, it would be recommend to develop a career in a Process Engineering or Process Chemist function, developing process safety and EHS as your area of specialism. This should include developing a knowledge of relevant EHS and process safety legislation.
Posted in Chemical Careers
This week’s top chemical job is a Senior Development Engineer. This engineering job has been selected as:
- At a fantastic metal products and materials manufacturing company based in Derbyshire
- Offers a competitive salary
- This role offers the opportunity to travel globally when required.
- This role is best suited to a mechanical engineer with project management experience, who is happy to work in a hands on capacity and with good attention to detail. Proven industry experience is required in the refractory/ metals/ materials/ thermal processing market.
- For those interested in this role but without the required experience, it would be recommended to gain experience as a technician or within the production/ R&D departments in similar industry sectors. Taking ownership of projects is a good way to become familiar with different aspects of a product’s life cycle, as well as incorporating more responsibility into your career.
Posted in Industry News, Mobile News, News
Culham Science Park in Oxfordshire is set to expand, with up to 1,000 new science and technology jobs.
Three new research labs and office space have been discussed at the Abingdon site, and a planning application has been sent to the council. The 1,000 jobs include skilled and unskilled workers, including the construction of the new buildings and the scientists then working in them once they have been completed.
The created jobs are set to expand the workforce at the Science Park by 50%, to near 3,000. Should planning permission be granted, private companies will be invited to move operations to the park, before construction begins. Currently with 2,000 staff and 45 companies, the Culham Science Park is part of Science Vale UK, which includes two other Oxfordshire sites employing over 10,000 people between them. The expanding of the Abingdon site can only boost the area’s scientific centre credentials further.
Looking for a science job? Start here!
Posted in Jobs, News
Andrew Bolton at CK Science is recruiting for a number Engineering Technicians to join a leading Chemical Manufacturer based in Hertfordshire, UK.
Andrew’s client is a Chemical Manufacturer specialising in Catalyst applications for the Automotive industry.
Andrew is looking for several Engineering Technicians to join the company’s Engine, Vehicle and Synthetic Departments based from their state of the art facilities in Hertfordshire.
Engine Test Technician – You will be involved in carrying out catalyst preparation; operation and support of engine test beds; data checks and maintenance of the engine test facility. This role is shift based, consisting of day and late shift working patterns.
Vehicle Test Technician – You will be involved in carrying out emissions testing; performing test cycle driving; data processing; catalyst changing as well as general workshop based tasks. This role is on a day shift basis.
Synthetic Test Technician – You will be involved in the operation of test rigs to ensure the performance of their catalyst and other emission control technologies. Your duties will include preparing and loading test pieces; handling of synthetic exhaust mixtures; programming and running test sequences as well as carrying out rig maintenance. This role is shift based, consisting of day and night shift working patterns.
The ideal candidates:
To be considered for these positions, you will have either a vocational qualification in a Mechanical or other Engineering discipline (or equivalent) OR demonstrated experience in a Test Laboratory / Workshop or Quality Control environment within the Automotive, Chemical or a Manufacturing based industry.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrew Bolton at CK Science on 01438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Please refer to ST22630 in all correspondence.
Posted in Jobs
CK Science is currently helping a world leading Medical Device Consultancy to recruit a Project Engineer to join their state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridgeshire. This fantastic company develops a range of technologies for their customers in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Devices industries.
As a Project Engineer, your main responsibilities will include leading multi-disciplinary teams on projects within the drug delivery, diagnostic and other medical technology applications. Further duties of this role will include:
- Working closely with customers to identify and design technical product or system solutions and in turn producing proposals to meet their requirements
- Leading design engineering including hands on use of 3D CAD to produce designs of components, systems or products
- Working closely with 3rd party suppliers for transfer of project to manufacture as well as managing technical documentation relating to the project.
To be considered for this Project Engineer role, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree / MSc / PhD in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience of both project management and hands on engineering for technology applications including knowledge of manufacturing processes (one off design or volume)
- Experience using 3D CAD (pref. Pro-E or Solid Works)
- Specific experience in the medical device industry would be advantageous but it is not essential.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for this Project Engineer position, please contact Andrew Bolton at CK Science on 01438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quotereference ST22101 in all correspondence.
Posted in Jobs
Andrew Bolton is currently helping a leading Chemical Manufacturer to recruit for a Quality Engineer to be based in South of London. Please watch Andrew’s short video to find out more:
Working as a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for working as part of a small team involved in designing, developing and maintaining QMS systems on site; running of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) & 8D projects including development & production validation plans and setting customer standards; supporting DFMEA & PFMEA activities; ensuring resolution of customer complaints and internal product non-conformances through root cause analysis and driving corrective actions as well as conducting audits both internally and of suppliers in line with quality standards (ISO).
This is an outstanding opportunity for two individuals to join a leading name in the field of specialist polymer materials. In return they offer an attractive salary and excellent benefits package.
To be considered for this role, you will have a qualification in an Engineering discipline (or equivalent) and demonstrated experience in a Quality Engineering function including working knowledge of tools / activities such as FMEA, 8D and APQP as well as ISO quality standards (including ISO9001) gained within a Chemical, Polymer, Automotive or related industry.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for this Quality Engineer position, please contact Andrew Bolton on 01438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST22133 in all correspondence.