Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Development Engineer to join a polymers & plastics manufacturer based in county Wrexham, on a full time, permanent basis.
Development Engineer Job Description
As a Development Engineer, the main purpose of your role will be to maintain continued growth by being innovative and forward thinking, preferably within the new product development arena.
Further responsibilities of this Development Engineer will include:
- Reporting to the Technical Team Leader
- Responsible for developing new product designs and implementing their scale up through to commercial production.
- As a good communicator and team player you will have a key role in helping direct cross functional project groups establish specifications with both prospective customers and suppliers.
- You will take the products from conception in the lab through to commercialisation on the manufacturing plant.
- Encompassing a mixture of development and process engineering work
This role will be on a day basis however flexibility is a must as trials may run into the night or over weekends.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
As a Development Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:.
- A specialism in chemical/process engineering or development chemistry
- A high calibre graduate with a 2.1 or above degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer/ Material Science or Chemical Engineering.
- An analytical, problem solving approach with the ability to generate and implement ideas.
- Computer literate, ideally you will have a working knowledge of the following: coating techniques, drying, fluid processing and web handling, preferably gained in a similar process industry.
As Development Engineer you will be working with a plastics & polymers manufacturer based in county Wrexham.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension and life assurance cover
- Private medical assurance
How to Apply:
For more information or to apply for this Development Engineer position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH24719 in all correspondence.
Search our Jobs