Posted in Industry News, News
This month CK Science is focussing on careers in the Biotechnology sector by launching a mini, video-led campaign aimed at graduates and recent entrants into the industry. Our aim is to give a better understanding of the careers available in the industry, and the skills most employers need.
The growth of biotechnology in the UK has been phenomenal and in recent years we have noticed a dramatic uplift in the demand for biotech professionals. This is largely due to a large number of biotech businesses emerging to explore new and innovative therapies. As a recruitment consultancy specialising in the scientific industry we are uniquely positioned to identify employment trends and skills shortages so feel we can share our expertise and knowledge with those that need it most.
Posted in Industry News, News
Jason at CK Science is currently recruiting for a several PhD and BSc level Scientists within Analytical and Process Development to join a centre of excellence for regenerative medicine. These roles will be based in London on a full time, permanent basis.
On the Analytical side, we are looking for a Senior Analytical Cell Biologist, Senior Analytical Molecular Biologist, Analytical Molecular Biologist, Analytical Cell Culture Technician and an Assay Technician. The type of skills we are looking for will include:
- Knowledge of working with stem cells to develop regenerative medicinal products
- The ability to design and run cell based assays with stem cells
- The ability to develop a range of cellular based assays to interrogate stem cell function
- Experience of developing and exploiting potency assays for commercial cell therapies
- The ability to utilise a wide range of molecular techniques to further explore stem cell function
- Knowledge of Technology Transfer
- Tissue Culture
- Mammalian cell culture
- Maintaining cell lines
- The ability to conduct in silico, in vitro and in vivo assays
On the Process side we are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Process Development Scientist, Senior Process Engineer and a Process Scientist. The type of skills we are looking for will include:
- The ability to develop novel cell therapy medicinal products
- Experience of interacting with process development scientists in academic and industrial settings Knowledge of progressing research based manufacturing processes to scalable clinical manufacturing protocols suitable for commercial use
- Experience of providing engineering solutions for aseptic processing, expansion, harvest and filling, of cell therapy products
- The ability to develop and deliver on defined project plans
The successful candidates will have qualifications, skills & experiences in several of the areas below:
- Qualified to PhD or BSc level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Experience working with Stem Cells
- Experience in Regenerative Medicine
- Experience working in a research or industry based cell manufacturing environment either with biologics or cell therapies
- A good understanding of the signalling pathways involved in stem cell renewal/differentiation
- A sound technical background in cell biology
- Experience with aseptic processing involving manual processing or automated scale up cell culture technologies
- Specific knowledge of current flow cytometry techniques
- Knowledge of RTPCR and Si Ratt assays
- Experience with documentation and report writing
This exciting initiative is the UK’s response to the translational gap between early-stage research and the later stages of clinical development in regenerative medicine. It is a dynamic new approach to developing products for unmet medical needs.
With brand new facilities consisting of offices and state-of-the-art laboratories in London this is your chance to be part of a dynamic team. Along with an attractive salary and benefits, there is the real opportunity to play a vital role in the next generation of healthcare.
Please contact Jason for more details.
How to apply:
To apply for any of these positions or for more information, contact Jason Johal via email: email@example.com or telephone: 01438 723 500. Please quote reference STCTC7 in all correspondence.