Posted in Jobs, News
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Formulation Scientist to join an agrochemicals manufacturer at their site based in the West Midlands.
Formulation Scientist Job Description:
As Formulation Scientist, you will report to the Plant Manager and play an instrumental role in developing new products. You will also be working closely with the Technical Manager and the Sales and Marketing department.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To develop formulations to meet customer requirements from own knowledge and experience;
- To trouble shoot problem formulations
- To assist in manufacture and scale up operations as required
- To provide information for costings on formulated products in the company’s portfolio to make senior management aware of new technologies that could be introduced to the company
- To provide back up support to the analytical chemist and to carry out analyses during the absence of the analytical chemist.
As Formulation Scientist you will have experience in pesticide formulations and knowledge of EC, ME, EW, SC, WP and CA formulations.
This is an important position in new product development andthe successful candidate would be expected to work closely with the Technical Manager, Sales and Marketing to develop new products.
How to apply:
To find out more or to apply for this Formulation Scientist job, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH23398 in all correspondence.
Click here to search our Scientist jobs in the West Midlands now.
Posted in Jobs, News
Hannah Milward is currently looking for a Plant Manager to join a agrochemical company in Telford in the West Midlands.
The role of Plant Manager is the most senior position on the Telford site and holds managerial status and responsibilities. As such the job holder is responsible for all of the activities carried out on the site even though the actual tasks are carried out by sub-ordinate staff. The job holder reports to the Managing Director who is based at head office. Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Leading and Managing a staff of 30
- Ensuring pesticide manufacture is carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensuring that a management process is in place to produce quality products
- Ensure that the operations are carried out efficiently with attention to maximising output and reducing costs
- Planning the work schedule for the staff
- Keeping senior management informed of project/order progress
- Providing information for head office staff e.g. Export Manager for packing lists
- Ensuring that stock is kept in a well organised fashion and stock control records are kept up to date
- Ensuring manufacturing assets are maintained and delivering optimum performance.
- Responsible for allocating overtime on an as needed basis up to a maximum of £2000 pcm unless otherwise advised by the Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate for this Plant Manager role will have:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry or a relevant discipline
- Excellence in management and motivation
- Previous track record of success in improving operations efficiency
- Experience in pesticide manufacture/formulation is desirable
- Natural leader
- Project and logistics management expertise
The benefits of this Plant Manager role are:
- Salary of circa £30K depending on experience plus a productivity bonus up to £5K pa
- 20 days annual leave
- Pension contribution by company after 1 years service
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Plant Manager role please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH22416 in all correspondence.
Posted in Candidates
Andrew is currently working with an excellent candidate who is looking for a new role within the chemical industry.
Please see below for more information:
- Ref: 98319
- Salary: £18,000+
- Location: Will relocate anywhere in the UK
- Notice Period: Immediate
- Techniques used: Instrumental analysis using AAS, GC as well as physical property testing using IP & ASTM methodologies.
- Samples worked with: Oils, Petrochemicals, Metals & Minerals, Agrochemicals and related chemicals.
- Other skills: Strong knowledge of laboratory quality standards (ISO) as well as demonstrated experience in a supervisory function including training and mentoring of Technicians and other Analysts.
To find out more…
Please contact Andrew on 01438 870 013 or email email@example.com.
Posted in General, News
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Field Research Scientist to work with them at their site in the West Midlands and to cover a territory within the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
The Field Research Scientist will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all activities involved in a research field trials programme. The candidate will be expected to assume complete responsibility for planning, executing and reporting the trials programs, both in the field and in controlled environments to establish the efficacy of new compounds.
The ideal candidate for this Field Research Scientist role will be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific subject and have experience working within a similar field trials position. BASIS qualification is desirable but not essential. A full UK driving license is required.
For more information, or to apply for this Field Research Scientist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH20439 in all correspondence.
Alternatively, click here to apply for this Research Field Scientist position online now.
Posted in General, News
Our client, an agrochemical company based in the West Midlands, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Biological Assay Dossier Scientist to join their team.
There is an option for this Biological Assay Dossier Scientist position to be home-based however the selected candidate will travel to the site in the West Midlands at least twice a month and when required.
The major responsibilities of this Biological Assay Dossier Scientist will include the following:
- Producing biological assessment dossiers to support the agreed product strategy and European Union registration timetable in accordance with EU Directive 91/414.
- Assessing scientific / biological data for each product within each country and identifying data gaps for the production of biological assessment dossiers.
- Assessing, summarising and cataloging new studies performed to support the production of biological assessment dossiers.
- Managing a biological database to provide efficient processing of data in main regulatory formats, principally as described by OECD.
- Preparing reports on new studies conducted within the Product Development Group and providing practical assistance with laboratory or field studies where required.
The selected candidate for this Biological Assay Dossier Scientist position will possess or be familiar with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or PhD (or equivalent qualifications) in biology or agronomy;
- Experience of preparation of biological assessment dossiers;
- Ability to understand, interpret and assess biological data in order to write high quality biological assessment dossiers;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and databases such as Access; dBText);
- Experience in cataloguing and indexing data.
- A broad crop protection background; practical field trials / glasshouse research and development experience.
- Successful applicants will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be familiar with quality systems such as GLP and ORETO.
Please note that prior experience is essential for this position.
For more information, or to apply for this Biological Assay Dossier Scientist position online now, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH20221 in all correspondence.
Alternatively, click here to apply for this Biological Assay Dossier Scientist role online now.
Posted in General, News
Our client is currently recruiting for a Regional Technical Manager to supervise the EMEA Agrochemicals division of their company. This Regional Technical Manager position can be located anywhere within Europe.
The Region Technical Manager will be responsible for acaricides in the EMEA region and will report to the Regional R&D Director for Europe.
The main roles and responsibilities of this Regional Technical Manager for Agrochemicals will be as follows:
- You will co-ordinate and manage all technical aspects of product development and sales support projects for acaricide programs in EMEA.
- Interaction with marketing, other commercial management, scientists and technicians will be expected across a number of R&D disciplines and with product registration specialists.
- You will review and recommend projects in the trials program management system and will be accountable for the project budget and trials data. Co-ordinating and liaising with New Product Development, Formulation Development Registration group, Technical Sales Support and Commercial staff within EMEA will ensure that necessary resources are identified.
- You will ensure that objectives and timelines are clearly understood and will resolve any issues that arise.
- Preparation of technical briefing materials for oral presentation or publication will also be expected of you.
To be considered for this Regional Technical Manager position candidates will need to possess or be familiar with the following:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent qualification);
- Experience across countries in the EMEA region;
- Good experience of managing multiple projects across multiple locations;
- Strong knowledge of crop protection products;
- Experience in entomology;
- Listening and communication skills and an ability to influence across all disciplines;
- Competency to negotiate the required level of resource and support within the context of overall regional development priorities;
- Proven project management including budget and deadline aspects;
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary project teams with the ability to manage simultaneous multiple projects to deadline.
Please note that significant experience is essential for this position.
For more information, or to apply for this Regional Technical Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH20244 in all correspondence.
Alternatively, click here to apply for this Regional Technical Manager job online now.