Our client, an MHRA licensed pharmaceutical manufacturing organization, are currently seeking a Research & Development Manager to join their team based in London. The company produce off licence Specials, licensed medicinal products and medical devices and specialise in the manufacture and development of sterile liquid products in a variety of presentations.
Working as a Sterile R&D Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the Pharmaceutical manufacturing unit’s research and development strategy. Main responsibilities of this research and development role will include:
- To be a participating member of the Pharmaceutical Research and Development Committee.
- To assist in the commissioning and validation of premises, plant, equipment and processes.
- Responsible for training staff in Good Control Laboratory Practice and other matters relating to Research and Development
- To deputise for the QC Laboratory Manager in the day to day running of the Quality Control Laboratory and in his/her absence to be responsible for assessing the results of testing on raw materials, packaging components and intermediate solutions and if the standard is satisfactory to release them for further processing.
- To co-operate with the QC Laboratory Manager to achieve the most cost effective use of equipment and resources
- To manage R&D budget with agreed target
- To assist the Quality Assurance Officer in the formulation of new ophthalmic Medicinal Products and Medical Devices.
The ideal candidate will be a strong analytical chemist with proven experience and the ability to develop new analytical testing methods for new products, trouble shoot and improve existing methods. It is essential that you have experience with Sterile Liquids gained in the Pharmaceutical industry and a good business and technical understanding of new technology in analytical chemistry would be preferred. Any experience with Ophthalmology would be highly advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career with a growing, dynamic pharmaceutical manufacturing organization who have an exciting future.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Jason Johal on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com.
If you are successful after the first round of screening we will contact you within 5 working days. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST19103 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.