Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste and environmental company based in Worcestershire on a full time, permanent basis.
Site Chemist Job Description:
As a Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to work in conjunction with the Site Manager running a busy Transfer Station.
- Arranging Outgoing and Incoming Loads if required
- Working with other site Chemists and operatives in the yard bulking and palletising loads
- Adhering to Company procedures as set out
- Stock Control as set out by P.P.C Permit
- All H&S issues for staff reporting to the Site Manager
- Daily inspections, logs, and signage in the transfer station
- Cover for other Chemists during holidays
- Preparing reports for the Site Manager
- Liaising with Group Transport for any requirements
- Completing all paperwork required
- Working with all regulations set out by the HSE, EA and any other regulatory board
- Dealing with all Non Conforming Loads as set out in Procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
As a Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry ideally, HND or equivalent in chemistry as a minimum
- Driving Licence – essential requirement
- A good command of the English language
- WAMITAB C.O.T.C Level 4 in Transfer and Treatment Hazardous Wastes – advantageous
- Computer Literate
- Fork Lift Licence advantageous
- IOSH or NEBOSH H&S Qualification advantageous
- Experience working in a busy Hazardous Waste Transfer Station required (or within QC as a minimum)
As Site Chemist you will be working with a hazardous waste and environmental company based in Worcestershire.
- Normal Working Hours will be 0800-1700
- Extra Hours may be required in order to complete the job.
- HND chemistry is a minimum requirement to be considered for this role
- A valid driving licence is an essential requirement for this role
How to Apply:
For more information regarding this Site Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH24924 in all correspondence.