Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Shift Process Technician to join a manufacturer of various insulation products based in the East Midlands.
The main roles and responsibilities for this Shift Process Technician will be day to day running of various production lines. You will:
- Ensure all operators are fully trained on how to run the lines and will be responsible for carrying out chemical trials on the production line.
- See chemicals through to full scale production and will be responsible for carrying out trials on the production line.
- Monitor the effect on the finished board including physical test results, fit for use, blisters etc. and will complete relevant paperwork as necessary.
- As well as calibration of equipment, you will liaise with the production supervisors and team leaders where necessary to ensure that all areas are kept tidy and free from build up.
- Assist the technical department in preparing samples as required.
Please note that this will be a shift role working days, afternoons and possibly nights on a rotational basis and therefore flexibility is a must.
Qualifications and skills:
In order to be considered for this Shift Process Technician role you will:
- Ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject such as polymer science, with A Level (or equivalent) Chemistry as a bare minimum.
- If not, you will have gained industrial experience in a similar environment and will be familiar with activities such as maintaining and reducing wet density; maintaining and reducing levels of XXR and scrap; running correct line speeds; decreasing levels of downtime etc.
- With excellent communication skills and good computer knowledge, you will possess an excellent attention to detail.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Shift Process Technician role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH24046 in all correspondence.