A Shift Analytical Chemist is required to join a metals and materials analysis company based in Yorkshire, UK.
As a Shift Analytical Chemist your main role will include testing and analysing inorganic samples as. This will involve drying, milling, drilling and grinding of the samples. As a Shift Analytical Chemist will be performing acid and alkaline dissolutions, glass bead preparations and preparations of standards amongst other duties.
For this role the Shift Analytical Chemist selected will have the following attributes:
- Chemistry degree (or equivalent) preferably with an emphasis in inorganic or analytical chemistry.
- Experience of metals and materials analysis and use of ICP-OES, XRF and wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience of working in an inorganic testing lab, preferably testing metals and refractory materials.
- IT literate.
- Able to work on own initiative and work well under pressure.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Use of chemistry control charts.
Please note that this Shift Analytical Chemist position will involve shifts (including night shifts) and the pattern is as follows: 7am-2pm, 2pm-9pm, 9pm-7am. These shifts rotate on a weekly basis.
For more information, or to apply for this Shift Analytical Chemist job, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com.