We are currently recruiting for a Senior Protein Scientist to join a pharmaceutical laboratory based in Berkshire that performs a wide range of analytical contracts for a variety of pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
In this Senior Protein Scientist role you will contribute to this through leading and performing a range of routine and investigative analyses applying your expertise in the MS analysis of proteins, peptides and PTMs, whilst working to GMP quality standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As Senior Protein Scientist, you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- You will undertake a combined supervisory and practical role within defined business areas of the Biotech sector.
- You will be working in a cross functional role in the Biotech sector which spans the Pharmaceutical laboratory, DNA and Protein laboratory but based in the Pharmaceutical laboratory.
- You will be expected to play a key role in ensuring that delegated projects are managed effectively and that the customer’s requirements and contractual agreement are fulfilled in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate for this Protein Scientist position will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- The ability to undertake a range of routine and investigative analyses including sample preparation and interpretation of results, primarily by MS but may also include other classical protein chemistry techniques.
- The ability provide high quality customer service by ensuring effective workflow within the assigned area of responsibility, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- The ability to manage client queries, produce accurate quotations and ensure client’s expectations are achieved.
- You will be well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently and will have meticulous attention to detail.
- You will also have the ability to take responsibility for projects and the ability to be able to discuss, problem solve/troubleshoot clients’ specific needs and deal with client queries as appropriate.
- Educated Degree level in a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent) and will have an in-depth understanding of protein structure-function and glycan structures and experience in discovery, development and/or structural elucidation of proteins.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience in protein and glycoprotein analysis by MS including amino acid sequence analysis, peptide mapping, glycan characterisation and identification of other post-translational modifications is essential.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience in proteomics or metabolomics analysis using mass spectrometry is highly desirable as is experience of working to GMP.
How to apply:
For more information, or to apply for this Senior Protein Scientist position, please contact Jason Johal at CK Science on 01438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST21861 in all correspondence.