Our client, a world-class biotechnology company based in the Central Belt of Scotland, are currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Scientist to be responsible for ensuring the contract manufacture of IMP/APIs to GMP standard.As a Senior Manufacturing Scientist you will maintain GMP compliance and assist in the effective technical transfer of projects. Further responsibilities will include:
– Performing activities related to the contract manufacture of Investigational Medicinal Products
– Identifying and resolving procedural/equipment/manufacturing problems and deviations, while requiring minimal line management direction.
– Monitoring equipment to ensure continued calibration and maintenance, and that all equipment used in the manufacturing process and any new equipment is validated for its particular use.
– Liaising closely with the Director of Operations for the effective planning and technical transfer of projects from Development to GMP manufacturing according to project plans by providing specialist technical knowledge and practical expertise, ensuring all relevant documentation is in place.
The successful candidate will have a qualification in a Life Science or Biological Science discipline and/or 3-5 years relevant practical experience. It would be desirable if you have an understanding and experience of Stem Cells Culture, bacterial fermentation or mammalian bioreactor vessels. Knowledge of Mammalian Cell Culture is essential.
This role will be initially temporary for 6 months with a strong likelihood of going permanent thereafter.
If you believe you are the right person for this Senior Manufacturing Scientist job, please contact Heather Deagle on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CK Science is the leading independent scientific recruitment agency for science jobs. We provide an all round scientific recruitment service to the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, waste, food, environmental and other related industries right across the UK.
Our team of specialist scientific recruiters and career consultants are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We can actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with your interview preparation and up to date information about the industry.
– Visit our website
– Follow CK Science on Twitter
– Join the CK Science LinkedIn Group
– Become a fan of CK Science on Facebook
– To meet our consultants and hear more about our current vacancies, please visit our YouTube Channel
Keywords: Mammalian cell culture, science jobs, biotechnology jobs, Cell culture, biotechnology, stem cells culture, Investigational Medicinal Products, drug development, biomanufacturing and cGMP.