Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join a global petrochemical testing facility based in Cheshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Senior Laboratory Technician, the main purpose of your role will be to analyse samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures and within customer requirements (time and quality) and where appropriate record results on appropriate LIMS IT system, e.g. IRIS, CCLAS etc.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Laboratory Technician will include:
- Performing SQC and Round Robin analysis ensuring any failures are recorded and investigated with appropriate action taken
- To work as part of the Internal Technical Audits team to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance and update records accordingly.
- To Identify and perform training of Laboratory test methods to ensure lab capability and business commitments are uninterrupted.
Qualifications and skills:
As a Senior Laboratory Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A significant level of experience within an ISO17025 or Petroleum laboratory
- Minimum or A Level (or equivalent) in Chemistry, with a strong preference for HND qualification in Chemistry
- Knowledge of IP, ASTM, BS and other test methods performed in the laboratory
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate, e.g. able to use MS office applications
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to work and react effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Desirable – Working knowledge of CCLAS LIMS / IRIS
As Senior Laboratory Technician you will be working with a global petrochemical testing facility AND will receive the following benefits:
- Salary £17,000-£20,000.
- 23 days annual leave to start, then increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus
- Healthcare after 1 year
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Senior Laboratory Technician position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com.