Our client, a personal care product manufacturer based in North Wales (also commutable from North West England), are currently looking to recruit a Senior Development Chemist to join their R&D team.
The main roles and responsibilities of this Senior Development Chemist will be to take an active role in the company’s new product development activity for consumer products, through research and product development and to provide a professional technical support service to the company.
- You will develop and implement plans for successful new product development for the business and will develop commercial products in response to customer requests. These must meet proposed claims and must be compliant with relevant regulations.
- You will represent the company with customers (Internal & External) and suppliers ensuring that a professional technical customer liaison and support service is provided, whilst managing assigned projects to ensure product performance and safety from initiation to completion.
- You will ensure that adequate formulation and product stability trials are conducted to ensure product’s shelf life as well as product safety testing and validation tests.
- You will manage research & development trials, with input from manufacturing and engineering, to plan, organise and implement material, product and processing trials.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s GMP standard,
- This is also a customer facing role and you will be required to liaise with other departments and external professionals.
Qualifications and Skills:
To be considered for this Senior Development Chemist role you will be educated to degree level or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject, with considerable experience of developing personal care, household, or FMCG products in industry. You will also have managed development projects in an FMCG business and will have held an active role within a research and development group supporting a high volume of new product launches. Familiar with compliance to GMP standards, you will also possess the following skills:
- Computer skills to maintain, store and process computerised data spread sheets in the most efficient and easily understandable manner.
- Accuracy – Ensuring all records are correct and complete.
- Planning – The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Report writing – the ability to write clear and concise reports and trial instructions.
- Communication – The ability to build and develop long standing working relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure that the objectives of the department and business as a whole are met.
- Responsibility – Manage new product development formulations from laboratory scale through to commercialisation, ensuring that accurate records are kept of the work done.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Development Chemist role, please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email@example.com. Please quote reference SH22212 in all correspondence.