Senior Assay Scientist based in Liverpool, UK
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an Assay Scientist to work with them on a permanent basis at their site in Liverpool.
As Senior Assay Scientist, you will be involved developing and maintaining an extensive portfolio of bioanalytical assays across a range of therapeutic areas for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and healthcare sectors.
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, working as Senior Assay Scientist your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional, scientific and technical support to laboratory team.
- Liaising with the Laboratory Director, lead on identifying and developing new assays, products and services.
- Preparation of research and scientific documentation in support of assay development, system and service validations and process changes.
- Providing specialist and scientific knowledge and expertise to the clinical trials team in developing the company’s clinical trial capabilities and performance.
- Liaising with Laboratory Manager to ensure the effective management and delivery of clinical trials within the laboratory to specified commercial and contractual specifications.
- Ensuring effective management and operation of laboratory instrumentation, sample processing and reporting and all other general laboratory activities.
- Liaising with Quality Manager, ensure all laboratory staff and systems operate effectively within the Quality Management System.
- Liaising with the Data Manager, ensure the effective management, analysis, control and security of all data generated by or received by the laboratory.
- Contributing to the wider scientific and commercial development of the company through the Group Scientific Committee and specified project work.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Assay Scientist role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, or higher in a Pharmaceutical or Biomedical subject and have postgraduate bioanalytical and scientific laboratory experience. A strong track record in developing new bioanalytical assays (LCMS) from first principles to implementation is also required. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.
How to apply:
For more information, or to apply for this Senior Assay Scientist role, please contact Philippa Robertson on 0114 2839956 or email email@example.com. Please quote refernce SH19195 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.