Our client is involved in supporting healthcare providers and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries with technically advanced testing services. This innovative and dynamic company are currently looking for an Assay Scientist to work with them on a permanent basis at their site in Liverpool.
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, this Senior Assay Scientist job will involve developing and maintaining an extensive portfolio of bio-analytical assays across a range of therapeutic areas for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and healthcare sectors.
Further responsibilities of this Scientist role will include:
- Providing professional, scientific and technical support to laboratory team.
- Acting as the primary lead in developing an extensive portfolio of bioanalytical assays, mainly in small molecules, across a range of therapeutic areas for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors for clinical trials and routine service testing to the healthcare sector.
- Preparation of research and scientific documentation in support of assay development, system and service validations and process changes.
- Providing specialist and scientific knowledge and expertise to the clinical trials team in developing the company’s clinical trial capabilities and performance.
- Liaising with Laboratory Manager to ensure the effective management and delivery of clinical trials within the laboratory to specified commercial and contractual specifications.
- Liaising with Quality Manager, ensure all laboratory staff and systems operate effectively within the Quality Management System.
- Liaising with the Data Manager, ensure the effective management, analysis, control and security of all data generated by or received by the laboratory.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Assay Scientist role will be educated to MSc, or equivalent, in the pharmaceutical, biomedical or life science sectors. Postgraduate bioanalytical and scientific laboratory experience is also desirable, preferably gained within a pharmaceutical, diagnostics or public sector laboratory environment. In addition, a strong track record of achievement in the development of new bioanalytical assays from first principles to implementation within a clinical trial or routine healthcare testing environment is also desirable.
If you would like to hear more about this Senior Assay Scientist job, please contact Philippa Robertson on 0114 2839956 or email. Please quote reference SH19195 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team ofspecialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.