An R&D Chemist is required to join the flame retardants department of a specialty chemicals manufacturer based in the North West, UK.
This R&D Chemist position will encompass the following duties:
- You will conduct self-directed R&D of new flame retardant products.
- Performing chemical synthesis.
- You will also analyse, characterisation and develop processes and experiments to generate suitable compounds for various polymer systems. Commercially viable synthesis procedures will be generated for selected compounds to the point of pilot production.
- You will collaborate with business leadership, technical service and application development labs to plan and conduct flame testing on these compounds.
- Aswell as supporting patent applications, you will monitor and report on relevant academic research, industry trends, and competitive activity through literature searches, technical conference attendance, and communication with Sales and Marketing teams.
- Organisation and evaluation of results will be required and you will be expected to give written and oral reports to business teams and peers.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist position the following is required:
- The ability to independently plan and conduct experiments in organic chemical synthesis and proficiency with MS Excel and MS Office software.
- Analytical knowledge for data analysis. Familiarity with chromatographic and spectroscopic nstrumentation and analysis.
- Knowledge of and the ability to conduct chemical literature searching. A PhD (or equivalent) is preferred but BSc/ MSc (or equivalent) may be considered with appropriate experience in industry.
- The desired qualification will be in organic chemistry. Experience within the field is a necessity.
For more information, or to apply for this R&D Chemist job, please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to search our current chemist jobs online now.