Victoria Walker at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance and Development Shift Supervisor to join a specialty chemical manufacturer based in the West Midlands
The successful candidate for this QA & Development Shift Supervisor role will join a company who specialise in the manufacture of chemicals which have applications in a variety of markets, including electronics, automotive, flavours/ fragrances and more.
The main roles and responsibilities of this QA & Development Shift Supervisor will be to manage the provision of analysis of works products and day to day running of the laboratory. This is a key role in the site emergency procedure and responsible for ensuring health, safety and environmental compliance. You will also:
- Supervise and co-ordinate work within the shift section.
- Provision of certification for site products and the authorisation of certificates will be your responsibility, as well as development of methods and maintaining existing ones.
- You will also be responsible for department safety standards, carrying out and maintaining department risk assessments and maintaining department instrumentation.
- You will ensure that the QAD Shift Chemists are organized and will have customer contact regarding queries and complaints, certificates of analysis for site products and will deal with regulatory bodies amongst other external and internal contacts.
Qualifications and skills:
In order to be considered for this QA & Development Shift Supervisor role you will have a minimum qualification of a degree in chemistry (or equivalent) which is an essential requirement for this position.
- With experience performing Wet Chemistry techniques as well as having earned Team Leader status (managing a small team)
- You will be capable of making decisions out of office hours when necessary due to limited staff/ managers off site.
- You will also have the ability to work on your own initiative in the absence of management and will have the confidence to communicate at all levels and to problem solve.
- Excellent communication and management skills are required.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to motivate and develop individuals to meet the shift requirements through clear communication and direction.
- The incumbent needs to be able to react calmly to emergency situations and be capable of making decisions under pressure.
- A sound technical knowledge is required along with an in-depth knowledge of process operations and practical problem solving skills.
- Shift work experience along with IOSH or experience with laboratory health and safety is desirable as is knowledge of Site Products, Process Plants and Raw Materials.
- Previous analytical experience involving phosphorus based chemicals would be a distinct advantage as well as use of wet chemistry (volumetric/ gravimetric) and instrumentation (titroprocessors, UV Visible spectrophotometer, atomic fluorescence, atomic absorbance, NMR, GC).
Please note that this QA & Development Shift Supervisor role involves working 12 hour day and night shifts on a 5 shift rota which covers the site 24 hours per day, 365 days per annum. This also includes providing cover in the event of absence of other members of the team.
The selected candidate will be able to get to work in all weather as the site cannot operate without a QADSS. A reasonable degree of physical fitness is required in order to climb gantries etc.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this QA & Development Shift Supervisor role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH24034 in all correspondence.