Victoria Walker at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance and Development Shift Manager to join a specialty chemical manufacturer based in the West Midlands. The company specialise in chemicals which have applications in a variety of markets, including electronics, automotive, flavours/ fragrances and more.
The main roles and responsibilities of this QA & Development Shift Manager will be to manage the provision of analysis of works products and day to day running of the laboratory. This is a key role in the site emergency procedure and responsible for ensuring health, safety and environmental compliance, you will supervise and co-ordinate work within the shift section. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Provision of certification for site products and the authorisation of certificates will be your responsibility, as well as development of methods and maintaining existing ones.
- You will also be responsible for department safety standards, carrying out and maintaining department risk assessments and maintaining department instrumentation.
- You will ensure that the QAD Shift Chemists are organized and will have customer contact regarding queries and complaints, certificates of analysis for site products
- Deal with regulatory bodies amongst other external and internal contacts.
Qualifications and skills:
In order to be considered for this QA & Development Shift Manager role you will have a minimum qualification of a degree in chemistry (or equivalent) which is an essential requirement for this position. Skills which are requi5red for this position are as follows:
- Excellent communication and management skills are required.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to motivate and develop individuals to meet the shift requirements through clear communication and direction.
- The incumbent needs to be able to react calmly to emergency situations and be capable of making decisions under pressure.
- A sound technical knowledge is required along with an in-depth knowledge of process operations and practical problem solving skills.
- Shift work experience along with IOSH or experience with laboratory health and safety is desirable
- Knowledge of Site Products, Process Plants and Raw Materials. Previous analytical experience involving phosphorus based chemicals would be a distinct advantage as well as use of wet chemistry (volumetric/ gravimetric) and instrumentation (titroprocessors, UV Visible spectrophotometer, atomic fluorescence, atomic absorbance, NMR, GC).
Please note that this QA & Development Shift Manager role involves working 12 hour day and night shifts on a 5 shift rota which covers the site 24 hours per day, 365 days per annum. This also includes providing cover in the event of absence of other members of the team. The selected candidate will be able to get to work in all weathers the site cannot operate without a QADSM. A reasonable degree of physical fitness is required in order to climb gantries etc.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this QA & Development Shift Manager role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH23694 in all correspondence.