Naynesh Mistry is looking to recruit a Product Development Manager (R&D) to join a leader in the manufacturer and supply of wet wipes to work at their site based in North Wales on a permanent basis.
As a Product Development Manager (R&D) you will take an active role in the company’s New Product Development activity for consumer products through research and product development and to provide a professional technical support service to the company.
- To be a member of the Research & Development team and, in conjunction with other members, develop and implement plans for successful new product development for the business.
- To develop commercial products in response to customer requests.
- To be responsible for the technical support & formulation development for a number of customer accounts (including some retailers & brands).
- To develop products, ensuring that they can meet the proposed claims and are compliant with the relevant regulations.
The main duties and responsibilities of this Product Development Manager (R&D) role include:
- Manage new product development formulations from laboratory scale through to commercialisation, ensuring that accurate records are kept of the work done.
- Manage Research & Development trials, with input from Manufacturing and Engineering, to plan, organise and implement material, product and processing trials.
- Represent the Company with Customers (Internal & External) and Suppliers ensuring that a professional technical Customer Liaison and Support Service is provided.
- Manage assigned projects to ensure product performance and safety and managing assigned projects from initiation to completion, meeting the required timescales.
- Manage the introduction of new products by organising/creating raw material, product and customer specifications.
- Ensure that adequate formulation and product stability trials are conducted to ensure product’s shelf life.
- Ensure that new products, samples and materials are evaluated thoroughly and that adequate claim support data is generated.
- Manage the development of tests and test methods for new materials, products and processes and to simplify current practices.
- Product safety testing and validation and Maintain an up to date knowledge of the testing and verification of product support claims.
- Help to identify the appropriate raw material/chemical suppliers who can service the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this Product Development Manager (R&D) role will be educated to degree level in Chemistry or equivalent and have experience with dealing with retailers. Experience of having worked for a contract manufacturer (FMCG) and Formulation experience of Cosmetic products (toiletries) is essential. The successful candidate should also have experience in the development and management of Personal Care consumer products as well as working within an R&D role group supporting new product launches.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Naynesh Mistry on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH22908 in all correspondence.