Naynesh Mistry is looking to recruit a Product Characterisation Manager, to join a biopharmaceutical development organisation to work at their site in the North West on a permanent basis.
This Product Characterisation Manager position will provide expert technical guidance in the area of protein and carbohydrate chemistry and characterization in support of business objectives. This role will be responsible for undertaking complex analytical investigative projects and for keeping abreast of scientific developments in the protein and carbohydrate sciences area. This position will evaluate emerging technologies to drive new/improved service offerings and provide expert scientific advice to support company business. This role will require in-depth scientific understanding as well as hands-on experience regarding key analytical techniques. Those include state-of-the-art sample preparation techniques, analysis of mono-, di-, oligo-, and polysaccharides by applying techniques such as HPLC, CE, IEC, SEC as well as advanced protein characterization by applying techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, Electrophoresis and Bio-analysis. It will also include complex data/result interpretation. Materials to be analysed will include a range of in-process, bulk drug substance and formulated products.
The responsibilities of this Product Characterisation Manager role will include:
- Provide protein and carbohydrate sciences expert support to the Analytical Group.
- Actively guide a portfolio of analytical techniques to ensure up to date and product tailored characterization capabilities.
- Manage a small team of technical/scientific professionals in assigned area.
- Ensure continuous development of technical skills and knowledge on products and processes within the Analytical team. Train/mentor junior staff.
The successful candidate for this Product Characterisation Manager role will have the following:
- A science based degree BSc/MSc or PhD preferred significant work (including laboratory) experience in area of expertise.
- Proven track record of scientific/technical achievements relevant for position. Demonstrated innovation and technical leadership skills.
- Demonstrated team management and development skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems.
- In-depth knowledge of complex analytical data & ability to apply scientific rationale to providing practical technical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and proven track record of presenting research projects or other scientific data at seminars and other scientific symposia.
- High degree of autonomy.
Also the candidate will preferably have knowledge of biopharmaceutical and bio similar manufacturing processes & technologies with an ability to apply scientific rationale to providing practical technical solutions.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Product Characterisation Manager role please contact Naynesh Mistry on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH22971 in all correspondence.