Our client, a leading food manufacturing company, is currently seeking to recruit a Process Development Technologist to work with them at their site in Leicester on a temporary basis for a period of 3 months.
This Process Development Technologist role will involve being responsible for coordinating the manufacture of products from kitchen concept into factory within the commercial criteria signed off by the customer. Key departments this role will be involved with will include Operations, Engineering, Technical, Procurement, Planning, Commercial and NPD therefore communication and teamwork are key for this role.
Key responsibilities of this Process Development Technologist role will include:
- Attend product handover meetings to understand and challenge, where necessary, product attributes.
- Provide details of necessary quality standards for new products (including product life) ready for customer technologist sign-off.
- Completion of written and photographic standards for customer and operational areas
- Prepare scale-up recipes.
- Provide required packaging details to enable generation of keylines.
- Manage the ordering of new raw materials and packaging onto site.
- Effectively carry out and co-ordinate each stage of required factory trial programmes.
- Run pre-production trials with the customer in attendance.
- Send all required samples throughout the development process to the customer, as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this Process Development Technologist role will be educated to degree/HND level, or equivalent, in a food related discipline and have detailed knowledge of food manufacturing processes and experience in a high care chilled environment. Previous experience with M&S as a customer, an understanding of the underlying fundamentals of food processing specifically in the chilled food category as well as dough/pastry/batter knowledge would also be ideal but not essential.
If you would like to hear more about this job, please contact Russell Oakley on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH19333 in all correspondence.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.