Alex Tosney at CK Science is recruiting a MS&T Process Development Scientist to join a global animal health company at their site based in Liverpool. This is a contract role on a recurring 6 month basis.
- As a MS&T Process Development Scientist the main purpose of your role will to work on lab scale process optimisation activities for the downstream processing area.
- Further responsibilities of this MS&T Process Development Scientist position will be to:
- Deliver key development goals through hands-on experimentation and demonstration at lab scale.
- Design and analyse experimental regimes using sound statistical techniques.
- Regularly communicate plans and status to key stake-holders and work flexibly to overcome issues and barriers encountered.
- Deliver high quality technical reports to support proposed process improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring that safe systems of work are in place and adhered to for process development activities.
- Develop close alignment to supporting functions, including Manufacturing Operations, Project/Process Engineering and Quality Control Labs to ensure that process improvements can effectively be delivered at manufacturing scale.
- As a MS&T Process Development Scientist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience in the operation of lab or pilot scale chromatography and tangential flow filtration equipment, specifically GE Akta systems and Sartorius or Millipore TFF packages.
- Possess a working knowledge of analytical techniques required for protein purity assessment, including HPLC and ELISA methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to operate in a cGMP environment and produce technical documentation to high standards.
- Degree in scientific or engineering discipline, preferably with a biotechnology focus
- Experience in the use of statistical software to design experimental approaches and analyse the data generated