Our client, a specialist in the discovery and development of innovative molecular targeted therapies, are currently looking for a Principal Metabolic Disease Research Scientist with expertise preferably gained in an industrial setting along with extensive GPCR pharmacology experience, to join their team in Oxfordshire.
The main responsibility of this Principal Scientist role is to design, develop and execute scientific research within a team environment. Further key tasks of this senior role will include:
- Designing and executing experiments independently and providing critical input in evaluating experimental design of other scientists within the group.
- Developing a thorough knowledge base of the work in the overall scientific community focussing on the therapeutic area and the drug discovery process.
- Contributing towards the planning of strategic goals of project teams.
- Making scientific contributions that have a significant impact on research projects.
- Providing data that will have a significant impact on the direction of projects and functional unit goals.
- Balancing projects and responsibilities and effectively managing time at the bench.
- Writing procedures/protocols and reports
- Contributing to the writing of publications and patents.
- Presenting at project and functional unit meetings and learning to run these meetings.
- Managing/coaching employees using behavioural feedback.
The successful candidate will be educated to Ph.D. degree level with drug safety awareness. However, our client is open to those candidates who have exceptional ability but are without a Ph.D. A solid understanding and working knowledge of state-of-the art GPCR assays technologies, GPCR pharmacology and Metabolic Disease Research is essential
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Scientist that has expertise in GPCR Pharmacology to join a pioneering company who specialise in developing breakthrough therapies for patients suffering from life threatening diseases.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.