Our client, a rapidly expanding pharmaceutical company, is currently looking to recruit a Preclinical Scientist to work at their site in the North West of England. The main aim of the role will be to support R&D activities in preclinical development.
Further responsibilities of this Preclinical Scientist role will include:
- Supporting the review of clinical data.
- Supporting general R&D activities in preclinical development (pharmacological, toxicological, competitor, patent and new products/opportunities).
- Maintaining an expertise basis in the development of pharmacological and toxicological
- Understanding of the company’s products.
- Managing or liaising with external study coordinators.
- Reviewing and writing study protocols and publications.
- Supporting literature review activities.
- Initiating and maintaining scientific expertise for the development of new assays for preclinical evaluation of novel therapies.
- Providing support throughout the project team on general pharmacology/toxicology.
- Working closely with the research team.
- Supporting projects for the development of new opportunities and new patent fillings.
- Conducting reviews on competitor products on any new developing therapies.
The ideal candidate for this scientist role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, and have a PhD in Pharmacology. Excellent writing, presentational and computer skills, experience of searching information databases (scifinder) as well as knowledge of regulatory standards are also essential. As part of this Preclinical Scientist role, candidates must also be prepared to travel (UK and international) to support conferences etc. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated scientist to develop their career with a growing pharmaceutical company who act as a vehicle to exploit drug development opportunities.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Philippa Robertson on 0114 2839956 or email email@example.com, quoting reference SH18971 in all correspondence. Alternatively, to apply, please click here.
About CK Science
CK Science is the largest independent scientific recruitment company in the UK. Our team of specialist recruiters are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the scientific industry. We actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with interview preparation and up-to-date information about the industry. We pride ourselves on providing an honest, straight-forward and trustworthy service to both our clients and candidates.