Hannah Milward is currently looking for a Plant Manager to join a agrochemical company in Telford in the West Midlands.
The role of Plant Manager is the most senior position on the Telford site and holds managerial status and responsibilities. As such the job holder is responsible for all of the activities carried out on the site even though the actual tasks are carried out by sub-ordinate staff. The job holder reports to the Managing Director who is based at head office. Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Leading and Managing a staff of 30
- Ensuring pesticide manufacture is carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensuring that a management process is in place to produce quality products
- Ensure that the operations are carried out efficiently with attention to maximising output and reducing costs
- Planning the work schedule for the staff
- Keeping senior management informed of project/order progress
- Providing information for head office staff e.g. Export Manager for packing lists
- Ensuring that stock is kept in a well organised fashion and stock control records are kept up to date
- Ensuring manufacturing assets are maintained and delivering optimum performance.
- Responsible for allocating overtime on an as needed basis up to a maximum of £2000 pcm unless otherwise advised by the Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate for this Plant Manager role will have:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry or a relevant discipline
- Excellence in management and motivation
- Previous track record of success in improving operations efficiency
- Experience in pesticide manufacture/formulation is desirable
- Natural leader
- Project and logistics management expertise
The benefits of this Plant Manager role are:
- Salary of circa £30K depending on experience plus a productivity bonus up to £5K pa
- 20 days annual leave
- Pension contribution by company after 1 years service
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Plant Manager role please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH22416 in all correspondence.