Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Packaging Technician to join a world class manufacturer of personal care products, to work at their site in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
Job role and responsibilities:
As a Packaging Technician you will assist the Retail Technical Manager in the development of new wet wipe products. A key part of the role will be in the development of packaging – film, labels and corrugate. The position will be responsible for leading and managing projects smaller in scope to ensure consumer acceptance, customer satisfaction, safety and efficacy. The position will also support UK Sales efforts with product sample preparation and technical analysis.
The associate will take work direction from the Technical Director and Retail Technical Manager in the form of project tasks, objectives and strategies, and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Lead the development and introduction of new and improved packaging.
- Liaise with internal departments, external suppliers and consultants.
- Assist the Retail Technical Manager and Technical Director in the development of new wet wipe products.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Product Information Portfolios (PIP) for each wet wipe product to comply with EU Cosmetic regulations.
- Arrange challenge testing, efficiency testing, dermatological testing, ageing studies and other technical evaluations etc, within a time scale as necessary. This will involve interpretation and reporting of results.
- Arrange and technically support factory trials. This will involve liaising with operations, QA, production planning and warehouse to assure objectives are met, setting provisional product specifications, supporting trials, evaluating results, issuing reports and recommending appropriate action.
- Provide technical information and support Sample Technicians when required. This includes product sample preparation.
- Ensure laboratory safety policies and guidelines are followed and carry out all laboratory work in a safe manner.
- Travel may be required as a part of the role. This may be international and a current driving license and passport are requirements of the role.
- There may be some out of hours attendance on site required.
- Ensure that you understand and comply with Health & Safety at Work regulations through training and communication.
- Continually comply with the company hygiene requirements and Good Manufacturing procedures as set out by management.
Qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate for this Packaging Technician role will have the following skills:
- The ideal candidate must have a scientific degree from an accredited university. This might include Packaging Technology or science or equivalent.
- Computer proficient (e-mail, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of COSHH and safe lab practices.
- Must be self-motivated, have good attention to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
- The candidate must be proficient in PC programs: MS OFFICE, Outlook, MS-EXCEL, MS-WORD and POWERPOINT.
- The associate in this position is expected to use project management, technical skills and education to support product development for specific UK customers.
- A high level of initiative and independent work style are expected in order to meet the aggressive timelines demanded by customers.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Packaging Technician role please contact Naynesh Mistry on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH23440 in all correspondence.