ACAL Energy Ltd is the world’s leading developer of low cost Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cells systems, powered by ACAL Energy’s proprietary platinum free cathode technology (FlowCath).
Victoria Walker is now recruiting for an Organic Chemist to join the team at ACAL Energy based at their site in Runcorn, Cheshire. They are currently working on an exclusive basis with CK Science for this recruitment campaign.
The job purpose of this organic chemist role will be to provide organic chemistry expertise and to play a leading role in the synthesis of next generation catalyst and mediator systems. You will be required to design, synthesise and evaluate next generation catalyst and mediator materials with improved performance.
The major challenges and key accountabilities of the role will be:
- Identify and design target molecules to meet requirements for improved fuel cell performance.
- Design and execute synthetic routes to target molecules, with consideration of commercial implications.
- Fully characterise target molecules and conduct preliminary evaluation of properties.
- Identify patent opportunities and assist with filing patents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant external sources of expertise.
Technical skills and knowledge required:
The successful candidate for this organic chemist role will have the following technical skills and knowledge:
- Expertise in organic chemistry and practical chemical synthesis, with enthusiasm for laboratory working.
- Educated to PhD level or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Considerable experience of research and development chemistry in the field of organic chemistry, with a significant proportion of this spent in an industrial setting, having demonstrated a significant input towards target selection and route design.
- Proven ability to identify and design target materials fulfilling given criteria and design and execute practical synthetic routes to these.
- Understanding of ligand design and coordination chemistry may be advantageous.
- Demonstrable record of frequent and high quality publication in the form of patents and/or papers.
- Competent user of literature searching tools.
Personal skills and attributes:
The ideal candidate for this organic chemist role will have the following skills:
- Team player with well developed communication skills.
- Self motivated with personal characteristics to quickly integrate and make an impact within a team environment.
- Results oriented and standards driven, focused on delivery.
- Capable of proposing, justifying and prioritising work based on team targets and company needs.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving using both systematic and creative thinking.
- Desire to see technical advancements through to completion.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this organic chemist role please contact Victoria Walker at CK Science on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH23205 in all correspondence.