Andrew Bolton at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Microbiology Manager to join a global Packaging Manufacturer at their state-of-the-art facilities in Oxfordshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Microbiology Manager, you will have overall responsibility for Microbiology expertise & activities on site including:
- Providing microbiology support & expertise to development projects & manufacturing on-site in the areas of food manufacturing & processing (in particular heat processed food).
- Leading a team of Microbiologists on site.
- Managing & carrying out product monitoring & hygiene audits internally & at customer sites.
- Providing technical advice to customer teams.
Qualification and Skills:
As a Microbiology Manager you will have a qualification in Microbiology or a related discipline (or equivalent) and knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Heat-preserved foodstuffs and beverages
- Heat-processing and pasteurisation of foods and beverages.
- Spoilage mechanisms of processed foods and beverages.
- Recovery, isolation and identification of spoilage microorganisms to genus/species level.
- Hygiene of food and beverage packing processes.
- Hygienic manufacture of packaging and validation of in-plant controls.
- Aseptic filling and sealing
- Microbial resistance to heat-processing and chemical sterilisation techniques.
- Alternative non-thermal processes.
- Packaging decontamination mechanisms.
- Challenge testing of packaging seals, filling processes, sterilisation and decontamination.
As a Microbiology Manager you will be joining an executive team within a global leader in packaging solutions for the FMCG, Food & Beverage industries, which in return offers a very attractive salary and up to 15% bonus, coupled with excellent benefits & career prospects.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for the position of Microbiology Manager, please contact Andrew Bolton on 01438 842 960 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST24010 in all correspondence.
If you are looking for a job in the food industry , please click here to register your CV with CK Science.
Once your CV has been registered, one of our specialist Recruitment Consultants will be in contact to discuss your requirements and any relevant engineering roles we are currently recruiting for.