Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Biologist or Microbiologist to join a waste and water treatment facility which uses algae as a key component in the process. The company is based in Gloucestershire, and this role is full time, on a permanent basis.
As a Biologist or Microbiologist, the main purpose of your role will be to oversee the day-to-day management of algae cultures, and to lead any additional research the Company may undertake.
Further responsibilities of this Biologist or Microbiologist will include:
- Managing cultures produced at production scale for sale
- Managing cultures produced at lab scale for further research
- Leading research into algae strains
- Testing of suitable growth environments, growth triggers and inhibitors
- Analysis of cell characteristics such as lipid content.
As a Biologist or Microbiologist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD qualified or with post doc experience
- Experience working with algae
- Driving licence required
- Graduates considered only if significant experience with micro-algae is demonstrated
- An understanding of the key components in successful cultivation environments
- Evidence of having successfully sustained own algae cultures
- Experience in investigatory analysis ranging from basic cell counting techniques through to preparation of samples for dry weight analysis and other standard analytical techniques
- Experience with use of centrifuges, freeze dryers and associated equipment
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong existing links with their former University(s) and be able to demonstrate a degree of collaboration in past academic publications.
For more information or to apply for this Biologist or Microbiologist position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference SH25069 in all correspondence.
Are you looking for a new science based role?