Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting a Metallurgist at a leading materials testing organisation at their site in Dudley on a temporary basis for the duration of up to 4 months.
Responsibilities of this Regulatory Coordinator position will include:
- Managing the work of the Metallurgical Technician
- Undertaking microstructural assessment according to standards
- Liaising with customers regarding technical and status queries on routine metallographic examination
- Performing contract reviews
- Ensuring that LIMS worksheets and other records are filled out correctly and in accordance with internal procedures
- Managing routine metallographic assessment to meet customer deadlines
- Managing duties in accordance with procedures, quality system and health and safety system
- Assisting the improvement in the organisation and efficiency of the workplace through implementing and maintaining 5S actions
- Organising and undertaking site testing when required
- General duties may involve assisting in areas of testing outside of their routine operation such as mechanical testing, heat treatment, corrosion testing
- Conducting other duties as reasonably requested by the Supervisor/Manager
As Metallurgist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good general education including English and Maths with a Qualification in Metallurgy or Engineering Materials being advantageous.
- Level 3 NVQ in Laboratory and Technical Activities is beneficial for this role.
- A broad knowledge of metallurgy and engineering materials is essential for this role, as is an understanding of the principal metallurgical theories and principles.
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation and microstructural examination of metals is beneficial.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety systems and environmental regulations as well as an understanding of relevant testing standards are beneficial for this role.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for the Metallurgist position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH26165 in all correspondence.