Hannah Milward at CK Science is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join a leading speciality chemical manufacturer based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, on a temporary basis for the initial duration of 12 months.
Responsibilities of this Mechanical Engineer role will include:
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of regulatory and mechanical standards.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of industry best practice on mechanical integrity.
- Setting of site mechanical standards.
- Monitor, identify and rectify sources of downtime.
- Set up and maintain computer and procedural maintenance systems.
- Review of existing equipment versus current regulatory and site standards.
- Carrying out of calculations to justify existing/new equipment design.
- Company interface with regulators on mechanical integrity issues.
- Initiate plant improvements.
- Project management.
- Specification of equipment.
- Interface with production and technical personnel.
- Develop industry contacts.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Plant maintenance experience
- Chemical manufacturing experience
- Good communicator
- Self starter
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for the Mechanical Engineer position please contact Hannah Milward on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH25629 in all correspondence.
Are you looking for a new job in chemical manufacturing? Click here to see our latest chemical manufacturing jobs