Andrew Bolton at CK Science is currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join an industry leading Water Testing Laboratory at their site in Cambridgeshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team within an Analytical Testing / Chemistry laboratory providing water testing services. Your duties will include:
- Day-to-day people management of a medium sized (10 – 14 people) team of Technicians and Analysts including recruitment, training & personal development when required.
- Ensuring sample turnaround including liaising closely with customers throughout the process.
- Maintaining a hands on involvement in analytical testing using techniques such as ICP, GC, MS, AAS & a scope of wet chemistry, coupled with more specialist testing such as cryptosporidium analysis.
- Performing method development and validation of equipment used.
- Ensuring quality systems & documentation are maintained (ISO, DWI).
Qualifications and skills:
As a Laboratory Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- A qualification in Chemistry or a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in an analytical testing laboratory. Specific experience in the Water industry would be highly advantageous, but it is not essential.
- Proven people supervisory / team leader experience.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be joining a specialist Water Testing Laboratory who provide a supportive culture with a keenness on personal development. In return they offer a salary of between £30,000 – £35,000 plus excellent benefits including 26 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and a competitive bonus scheme.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply to the role of Laboratory Manager, please contact Andrew Bolton at CK Science on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference ST24975 in all correspondence.