Victoria Walker is currently recruiting for a Junior Risk & Safety Consultant to join an environmental and engineering consultancy based in the North West.
The main roles and responsibilities of this Junior Risk & Safety Consultant role will be to provide support to various project managers working on mainly Risk and Safety Projects with the possibility to work across other areas. You will be participating in projects in the following typical areas:
- Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- HAZOP Consequence Analysis including modelling (Dispersion
- fires, explosion, etc)
- Reliability Assessments
- Human Factors Assessments
- Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Preparation of documents to satisfy regulations administered by government regulators such as Environment Agency and Health and Safety Executive, including COMAH (Seveso) safety reports.
- You will also participate in the preparation of proposals and service development.
In order to be considered for this Junior Risk & Safety Consultant role you will have a 1st degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering, Process/ Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology or allied subject, and ideally a 2nd degree in Safety and Loss Prevention. You will have experience in the following areas:
- Process engineering and technology, preferably in the oil, gas, energy and chemical industries.
- Understanding of process hazards.
- Computer modelling of fire, explosion and toxic hazards, particularly using PHAST
- COMAH experience would be an advantage. Health, Safety and Environment management systems.
Typically the successful candidate would be expected to have some experience of practical industrial work. This could be in the process industry in a technical, design or process role, or work experience with a regulatory/consultancy in the industrial field in order to have the skills and knowledge to be successful in this role. However, depth and breadth rather than length of experience will be considered when making recruitment decisions. You will be numerate and able to manipulate spread sheets.
For this Junior Risk & Safety Consultant role you will need to have the following skills:
- Well organised
- Team worker
- Effective Report Writer.
You must hold a valid driving licence to be considered for this Junior Risk & Safety Consultant role role. Please note that this position requires the selected candidate to be able to travel abroad at short notice. Therefore applicants must be eligible to work throughout Europe and be happy to travel with little notice.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Senior Risk & Safety Consultant role please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 2839956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference SH22984 in all correspondence.