Yard Waste Transfer Station Chemist, South Yorks.
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Yard Waste Transfer Station Chemist to join a waste management company based in South Yorkshire, on a full time, permanent basis working shifts.
As a Yard Waste Transfer Station Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to assist the Site Supervisor in the safe, compliant and efficient operation and development of the Waste Management Centre. The role will provide technical guidance to the operational site teams.
Further responsibilities of this Waste Transfer Station/ Yard Chemist will be:
- To carry out the analysis of packaged and liquid waste at the facility.
- To provide technical guidance to plant operators and maintenance staff regarding processing of waste.
- To assist in co-ordinating the activities of operations staff as appropriate so as to ensure safe and productive working.
- To assist in implementing process optimisation / improvements on site.
- To ensure stock rotation and controls comply with all permit requirements.
- To provide 'hands on' assistance on site wherever necessary.
- To liaise with clients (both internal and external) to resolve issues such as non conformance.
- To forge and maintain effective working relationships with sales colleagues to maximise turnover and profitability.
- To assist in ensuring appropriate process monitoring and to seek advice on process / regulatory issues as appropriate, the emphasis being on compliance with the Environment Agency Permit.
- To assist in the control of commercial aspects of the treatment facility.
- To ensure that the most appropriate disposal route is used for maximum profitability.
- To assist the site management team in ensuring compliance with the Company's Health and Safety and business systems policies.
- To ensure relevant records are maintained and adherence to systems and procedures.
- To provide cover for site chemist and laboratory/analytical chemist during periods of annual leave, sickness or as required by business needs.·To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
- To provide 'lab packing' duties to customers on external premises as and when required.
- To produce any reports for the site/manager or site supervisor as requested.
- To cover site supervisor's duties as and when required or requested by site manager.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Site Supervisor or Site Manager.
As a Yard Waste Transfer Station/ Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HNC Chemistry (or equivalent) is an essential minimum requirement; Chemistry degree preferred
- Driving licence - essential, as well as the willingness and ability to receive training in driving FLTs
- Strong computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Strong maths skills - essential
- Enthusiastic and outgoing nature - essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - essential
- Possession of or willingness to work towards attaining a relevant level 4 COTC qualification would be a distinct advantage
- A liquid waste management background would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of pH, water content, Karl-Fischer and centrifuge testing would be a distinct advantage
- Good knowledge of the available treatment options across the site and the ability to route waste to different outlets
- Good understanding of IPPC and the ability to interpret and meet all the legislative requirements of the site permit
- Ability to liaise with all areas of the business
- SAP is a desirable skill but training will be provided if required
- Problem solving and decisiveness
- Results focused
As Yard Waste Transfer Station Chemist you will be working with a waste management company based in South Yorks.
- Reporting To: WTS Supervisor
- Hours will be on a staggered shift basis including mornings, days and evenings rotating on a weekly basis. On the day shift, you will also work the weekend.
- HNC Chemistry (or equivalent) is an essential minimum requirement; candidates not possessing at least this level of qualification in Chemistry will not be considered.
- White waste or industrial experience is strongly preferred, the company will consider graduate applications meeting the above requirements.
- Please note that this role is working in the outdoors, not the laboratory.
For more information or to apply for this Yard Waste Transfer Station Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33665 in all correspondence.