CK Group are recruiting for a Virologist to join a well-established independent manufacturer of disinfectants, to be based at their site in Daresbury on a permanent basis.
This role has come about as a result of company growth, and will involve supporting with the set-up and running of new laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who will be given a high degree of autonomy in the role.
Virologist Role: Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting virucidalefficacy tests following BS EN test methods, or in-house developed methods, according to BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Maintenance of cell cultures and virus stocks.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the laboratory, including stocking laboratory supplies, management of waste and other routine housekeeping duties.
- Support in the maintenance of laboratory equipment and their records and perform in-house instrument calibrations, as required.
- Assisting with defining standard protocolsfor the execution and documentation of testing.
- Maintenance of the UKAS accredited BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 quality system
- Assisting in research and development projects.
- Providing training for other laboratory personnel as required.
- Assisting in other disinfection efficacy testing as required
Your Background: To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum BSc level, or possess equivalent experience, in Virology, Microbiology or another relevant Life Sciences subject.
- Experience of virus cultivation, maintenance of mammalian cell lines, virus titration and calculation of infectivity titre (TCID50).
- Full driver’s licence and access to vehicle.
- Working toEN ISO/IEC 17025 would be advantageous.
This position is based in a laboratory environment with a significant time spent standing at a bench, lone working and working with chemicals and biological materials (ACDP biohazard category 2). The role may require travel to the company head office as needed.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Virologist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51284.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.