Technologist - Hertfordshire
Matthew Sullivan at CK Science is recruiting for a Technologist to join a Materials Manufacturer in the Specialist Flooring industry, at their site based in Hertfordshire on a full time, permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be responsible for the design and development of new products, from concept to manufacture in accordance with an agreed product brief and time scale. This responsibility extends to the project management part of the development process and supervising plant trials.
- Improve existing products in terms of product performance and to ensure that these products are manufactured in the most cost effective way
- Work closely with the procurement team to identify innovative new raw materials that can be incorporated into the products to improve performance and control costs
- Carry out laboratory testing to ensure compliance with appropriate UK and International standards
- Provide process support to the production team to improve the manufacturing processes, raise quality and minimise scrap
Further responsibilities will include:
- Keeping updated on the legislative/industry requirements of flooring products
- Conducting regular laboratory tours as part of the 'Voice of the Customer' program
- To answer technical enquiries originating from customers or other parts of the organisation
- To undertake any other work delegated by the New Product Development or Technical Manager
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Materials Science
- Experience working in an industrial setting, preferably in polymer technology or related industry
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at the top of their field, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £25,000 - £30,000 per annum.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Sullivan on 01438 768712 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34423 in all correspondence.