Technician (Microbiology) - Gloucestershire
Naynesh Mistry and Brona Law at CK Science are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) to join a leading Food R&D company based in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis.
Job Summary: The position is within the Microbiology Analytical Services (MAS) Department who perform examinations on a range of food products and food related samples for its clients on a seven day week basis. The testing work involves sample preparation before doing specific techniques to detect and/or count pathogenic (food poisoning), food spoilage or other indicator organisms within food, environmental or other samples.
As a Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) your responsibilities will be:
- Performing microbiological test procedures on samples received into the Microbiology Analytical Services (MAS) group.
- Acting as a deputy Sample Receipt Steward
- Preparing and sterilising media.
- Maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment as detailed in the Quality Manual including performing housekeeping duties
- Acting as a deputy Calibration Officer.
- Recording and keeping accurate records of work done and all appropriate laboratory information and results using appropriate forms
The successful Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Skills gained in a similar role would be an advantage.
- A good standard of general education and in particular a keen interest in science.
- Computer literate
- The ability to produce and maintain clear records and documentation is essential.
- Any knowledge of laboratory equipment, techniques and procedures would be advantageous but not essential.
- A confident manner and good communication skills, in order to effectively liaise with internal customers
- A driving licence is required
If successful you will be joining one of the leading Food and Drinks R&D companies in the UK with excellent benefits. Weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required on a rota basis, normally one in four, either paid as overtime or taken as time off in lieu. Therefore own transport is essential.
To apply for this Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) position contact Naynesh Mistry on email@example.com or Brona Law firstname.lastname@example.org call 01246 457 700. Alternatively, please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33600 in all correspondence.