Technical Support Specialist
Are you a science graduate looking for your first industrial role, or do you have some experience and are now looking for your next position? I am currently recruiting for a Technical Support Specialist on behalf of a multinational manufacturer and distributor of chemical products to join their site near Newcastle on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that this role is a mostly administrative position and will not involve much lab work, if any.
To support the company's continued growth through offering excellent customer support, they are now looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join the team at their headquarters. Working within the global sales team, the Technical Support Specialist is primarily responsible for solving technical customer queries. These queries span across the whole product range and many different applications and regions. The role also encompasses the generation and delivery of high-quality training and support material for internal and external audiences. The Technical Support Specialist will report to the Application Scientist, play a key role within the global technical and application support structure and be an integral part of the sales team. The company offers a salary in the region of £20-24,000 depending on experience, as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays and an early finish on a Friday. Some travel may be required in this role.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Solving customer technical queries using internal resources and by liaising with the customer where necessary.
- Working with the R&D team to carry out laboratory investigations into customer queries.
- Supporting the global sales team with technical queries, undertaking investigations and producing customer reports where required
- Assisting in developing and delivering product training to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Helping to develop the company's technical document library, proactively addressing FAQs and identifying products, customers and applications where further support is required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a science discipline.
- The company will consider those looking for an entry level role or those that have gained some industry experience.
- A natural problem solver, with a determined approach to finding resolutions.
- The technical ability to understand the product range and its applications.
- Good computer literacy, knowledge of Office 365 and CRM systems desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with good written and verbal skills.
- An all-round team player that is willing to engage with colleagues across the global business.
- A confident communicator that is comfortable liaising with customers over email and on the phone.
- A self-motivated individual with good time-management skills
- The ideal candidate will be a hard-working individual with a science background, good problem-solving skills and strong communication skills, who is happy to work in an office-based role and able to work on their initiative.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46374 in all correspondence.